The archive for today’s chat is now available via Storify – https://storify.com/tracibrowne/social-media-chat
#ExpoChat topic for Wednesday, May 13, 2014 3pm ET
Moderator: Stephanie Selesnick (@StephSelesnick)
Note: social media was the discussion on last week’s chat but this week we’ll get into some other areas.
The subject of this chat came up last week from Melanie Powers (@MelEdits). We love having topics suggested for #expochats (hint hint)!!!
She asked if we could talk about “social media at your annual conference”. So let’s take it a step further and included events and expos too.
This is a crowdsourcing #expochat! Tired of the same old social media crap, different show? Many show organizers, exhibitors and even suppliers are BORING and irrelevant when posting about events on social media. This week’s expochat is going to build a list we can share with our industry colleagues to (hopefully) change the discussion.
So for a focus on the future:
1. What should show organizers be tweeting about before the expo? (Think specifics!)
2. What should exhibitors tweet about before the show?
3. What should expo industry suppliers tweet about – in general and during shows?
4. What about facebook?
5. LinkedIn Groups – how do we move the conversation forward around our events?
6. What should show organizers be tweeting about on site?
7. What should exhibitors tweet about during the show?
8. How can we better incorporate our speakers in social media around our events?
No one cares!