Expochat Topic for Wednesday, May 16, 2012 3pm ET/noon PT
On this week’s chat we will be talking about everyone’s favorite topic…video! And it’s not just our favorite part of these posts here…it’s everyone in the world who loves them! At least I think it’s everyone’s favorite topic looking at the stats for how many people out there are viewing them. I keep hearing that YouTube is the second biggest search engine and they can’t all be watching kittens being cute and stupid people skateboarding off the roof of their storage shed.
I recently saw a wonderful concept for an event video. It could have been a fantastic video that people would have shared like crazy. But the sound was so bad I felt myself, about 1/4 of the way through, not being able to turn it off fast enough. This week we’ll be talking about how, when, where and why to incorporate video into your Expo/Trade Show marketing. Tips for how to do it, why you might want to do it, when to do it and what to do it with.
This week we have a very special guest moderator…Todd Carruth of The Expo Group. You know his as @ExpoTodd. Be nice to Todd…(if there is wifi at the “swim up bar” I (@TraciBrowne) will join in too.)
1. If you record video at your event, how do you do it? (mobile device, small camera, big camera, outside vendor)
2. Where do you archive the footage?
3. Do you have a favorite video app?
4. What are some uses for video in terms of marketing your event?
5. What bugs you most when you watch video online?
6. Do you watch video more on your mobile device or on your computer?